Saturday, November 17, 2007



I know that this post might bother some of the Victoria's secret fans that are in this class, however I feel the need to say "really?" The amount of time and effort that goes into creating any commercial is significant. And with all of that time and effort the best VS could come up with is this annoying commercial?! I had to watch this commercial every fifteen minutes while I was watching my favorite TV show online. I had seen it before and been stuck by the fact that it was badly done but after having to hear it repeatedly over an hour I feel like this is the worst commercial I have ever seen. The commercial looks fine, but the fact that they had to try and make a cute little rhyme ruins it because they try and rhyme air with air. it sounds awful and makes them look stupid and like they think we are also. With all of the talented writers and creative minds that work in advertising today you really have to work to make people pay attention to your commercials. This could have been done a lot better if they had taken the time to write a dialogue about the bra and why it is different from other bras so that you would want to buy them. If I am going to take the time to watch your commercial (or be forced to) shouldn't you take the time to make sure that it is not incredibly annoying?

~Rachel Dillard

1 comment:

swannywanny said...

Yes, I have to admit that I also have found this commercial to be slightly annoying. But the fact that a)you found it annoying, b)can recite it by heart, and c)it caused you to think about VS and their products proves that their commercial tactics were successful. It may not be VS's best commercial, but everytime I see this commercial I pause and think about their corporation and their products. I think that between VS's reputation and their sex appeal, one "bad" commercial isn't going to do them under but get their name circulated even more by creating a commercial that is talked about.